I’ve been talking a lot to my mom lately. Last night the subject of our conversation turned to what makes someone beautiful. And that got me thinking about my friends and why they are so beautiful to me.
1. Make eye contact with me
2. Listen intently
3. Try to understand what I’m feeling and where I’m coming from
4. Are caring and loyal
5. Are honest about their own fears and insecurities
6. Share their successes and triumphs
7. Are generous
8. Have a sense of humor about themselves and about life
9. Are curious about the world and aren’t afraid to try new things
10. Embrace their age with honesty and grace
I figure if I can strive to be even half of those things to my friends, I might just become more beautiful, too!
“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”